The Secretary of State will send your commission packet through the mail. If you did not pass the Live Scan, the SOS will let you know that your commission has been denied. Your commission packet includes:
- Your Notary Public commission (lists your start date).
- Two “Oath of Office” forms to be filed at your local county clerk’s office.
- Specific instructions for filing your oath and bond, refer to our Bond and Oath Filing Instructions page for more information.
- A “Certificate of Authorization to Manufacture Notary Public Seals.”
- A list of authorized seal manufacturers.
Did you purchase a package with us? That’s great! We’ll take care of everything for you. If you did not, purchase one here. Below is what you need to know to obtain your supplies, including your bond. The roundabout time to receive your supplies is 5-7 business days, from the time we receive your original Certificate of Authorization.
Above is a sample Certificate of Authorization to Manufacture Notary Public Seals. You must first email or fax a copy and then mail in the original version. Information is as follows:
Mailing Address: 12405 Venice Blvd. #319, Los Angeles, CA 90066
Have any questions about these instructions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.